Building Research and Advocacy Coordinator
Join BILD Alberta’s growing team!
Building Industry and Land Development Alberta Association (BILD Alberta) is a newly formed association that represents a rich history in the land development, home building and renovation industry. BILD Alberta represents over 1,700 business members from 11 constituent associations committed to building communities throughout Alberta.
If you’re looking to learn, grow and work collaboratively with a professional and experienced team with a passion for the industry, BILD Alberta is a perfect fit.
BILD Alberta seeks a passionate advocate for the land development, home building and renovation industry at the provincial level.
Responsibilities: Working under the Senior Director of Policy and Research, in collaboration with team members and stakeholders, this position will provide support and coordination in the area of codes, standards and regulations related to residential construction. This position will:
- Engage with staff, members, constituent and national associations, external stakeholders and government on matters related to residential and commercial construction.
- Undertake technical research, policy analysis and strategic recommendations related to residential and commercial construction.
- Prepare committee and working group meeting material, attend meetings and provide a follow up.
- Monitor National, Provincial and local emerging issues that will impact the industry in the short and long-term (i.e. Net Zero 2030).
- Assist in development and coordination of stakeholder presentations and resources throughout the province.
Experience / Skills
- Background in residential construction and some knowledge of commercial construction.
- Familiarity with the Alberta Building Code, National Energy Code and some knowledge of codes related to fire, electrical, plumbing and gas.
- Understanding of the Safety Code development process would be an asset.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and networking.
- Proficient research and writing skills.
- General familiarity with land development.
This position requires occasional travel within province and attendance in meetings and conferences across Canada.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.