MGA: Status as of February 13, 2018
- BILD Alberta has prepared an MGA Implementation Guide for Constituent Associations and members.
- The province has released a number of Fact Sheets related to some of the major changes that have taken place as part of the MGA Review. BILD Alberta has compiled these into a single document here.
- BILD Alberta is awaiting the release of regulations associated with Inclusionary Housing, Municipally Controlled Corporations, Provincial Transportation Levy and the Community Organization Property Tax Exemption Regulation.
The following regulations were proclaimed in late October 2017:
- Off-Site Levies Regulation
- Subdivision and Development Regulation - Amendments
- Intermunicipal Collaboration Frameworks
- Calgary Metropolitan Region Board Regulation
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board Regulation
- Draft City Charters were released on August 10, 2017. While additional policies will be released under the Fiscal Framework, the draft Charters provide a significant amount of authority to the cities of Calgary and Edmonton.
- One of the most concerning powers outlined in the draft is the ability for the two cities to require building code standards above and beyond the Alberta Building Code if it relates to the environment.
- Click here for a summary of the key policies impacting our industry.
Timeline of Events
Click here to view a complete timeline of the MGA Review Process to-date.