- Membership: Only home builders, renovators and developers who are members of BILD Alberta as of December 31, 2017 are eligible to enter.
- Good Standing: Only members in good standing throughout the competition are eligible to enter. A member in good standing is considered to be one with no outstanding invoices with BILD Alberta and to be in good standing with the local CHBA, UDI and BILD when finalists and winners are announced. Those not in good standing may be eliminated from the competition.
- Eligibility Period:
Single Family Awards, Multi-family and Renovation Awards: eligible units (new or renovated) must be completed (ready for sale, rent, or occupancy) between June 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018.
Net Zero Home Award: the SINGLE FAMILY home must have been completed (built and ready for occupancy) between June 1, 2016 and May 31, 2018.
NEW Community Award: community must have opened the community’s FIRST showhome parade between June 1, 2016 and May 31, 2018 to be eligible.
Community Award: community must have at least one active showhome parade open between June 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018 to be eligible. Cannot be entered in NEW community category.
Showhome Parade: showhome parade must have been open between June 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018 to be eligible.
- Entering Online: Each entry must be made by creating an individual online entry, including the Pinnacle Awards. Pinnacle awards are free to enter with minimum entry requirements. Deadline for online submissions is Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at noon. Entry fee is $175 per entry.
- Location: Projects entered in the BILD Alberta Awards competition must be located in Alberta in the market area covered by the local BILD/CHBA/UDI where the entrant is a member.
- Number of Entries: A MAXIMUM OF THREE (3) ENTRIES PER CATEGORY ARE ALLOWED PER MEMBER for each local membership. For example, if you are a member in Edmonton, your project(s) must be located within the area covered by CHBA – Edmonton or UDI Edmonton. The judges reserve the right to make a final determination of the eligibility of multiple entries.
- Authorization: Entries must be authorized by the home builder, renovator or developer member, including any entry submitted on their behalf by an authorized third party.
- Legal: There cannot be any outstanding lawsuits and/or liens on any property entered in the competition.