Members belonging to more than one local BILD/CHBA/UDI have two options:
i) Compete as one company (must be same company name in each membership region) - Create ONE user profile, and then submit up to three entries in each category for each membership, provided that the entries are for projects in the corresponding local BILD/CHBA/UDI market area. The Company will be acknowledged as the parent company name only on all finalists and winning entries. Points for each placing entry in the competition will be combined for the respective Pinnacle award.
ii) Compete as individual companies - Create separate user profiles for each individual company entering the competition. Each company may submit up to three entries in each category for each membership, provided that the entries are for projects in the corresponding local BILD/CHBA/UDI market area. Points for each placing entry in the competition will not be combined for the respective Pinnacle award. The companies will compete against one another for the Pinnacle award.
At the beginning of May, the Awards Platform will open for submission. Once open, the website is designed for you to create an account and jump right in. You will find all of the information you need a within the platform.
The category forms are available for you to prepare your submission prior to the website opening. They are provided to make preparing your entry as easy as possible and to work offline. These forms act as a resource only and all entries must be submitted online.
We recommend that you go to the awards platform and create your user account as soon as it opens at the end of April. Read through all of the information on this website to assemble your entries in advance of online submission.
Entry Forms (i.e. a list of everything you'll need)
Each entry is $175 (plus GST). Entries are not eligible for judging until payment is received. If BILD Alberta deems an entry ineligible prior to judging, the fee will be returned to the entrant, minus a $50 administration fee per entry.
Payment is accepted by credit card (Visa and MasterCard) and cheque. You may add multiple submissions to your cart and checkout with one transaction.
All materials submitted become property of BILD Alberta.
Entrants agree that BILD Alberta may use the information and material submitted for promotional purposes or in any manner the Association chooses. Information, project names/model/residence name and photographic images provided with the entry form may be used publicly by BILD Alberta on its website, social/digital media platforms and/or published or broadcasted by BILD Alberta or a third party at the discretion of the Association.
A signed Homeowner Permission Form is required for all owner occupied homes. This form must be submitted with your entry as an uploaded PDF.
The BILD Alberta Awards judges will view and judge all submissions online. They rely 100% on the information you provide in your answers to the online entry questions, along with photographs, drawings and other materials that you upload.
- Competition is blind in all categories with the exception of the Developer Awards. Home builders and renovators are required to remove any reference to their company in all images and floor plans.
- Entries will be judged according to the criteria (answers to questions, images, uploaded plans, etc.) set out for each award.
- Entries will be handled in a confidential manner. Judges agree not to disclose information concerning entries.
- All information submitted online is considered complete. Incomplete entries will not be disqualified due to insufficient information and materials however may result in a deficient evaluation. Entrants will not be notified of missing components.
- A minimum of THREE entries (from two different companies) are required to stage a competition in each category. Entries may be moved (up or down) into a different category should the category receive less than three submissions.
- Submissions are reviewed for accuracy. A Cost Review Committee may request additional documentation for verification.
- All decisions of the judges are final.
- Price is to be rounded up to the nearest dollar.
- All builders must submit the price based on the current market price at the time of submission or total retail sale price at the time of sale. List the actual selling or advertised price (including upgrades) of the unit submitted.
- Lottery homes, staff purchases, and builder owner homes must submit the selling price as if the home/unit were sold to the public.
- Price Specification for Single Family, Estate and Net Zero Categories
Include: Base model price, all interior/exterior upgrades, all change orders, extras or additions, appliances and permanent fixtures, window coverings, basement development (optional)
Exclude: Land and GST, landscaping, detached garage, garage (Sales Centre) finishing, and furnishings.
- Price Specification for Multi-family Categories
Include: Price of land without GST. Include all interior upgrades, appliances and permanent fixtures, window coverings, basement development (optional). Use the current market price of the unit or total retail sale price at the time of sale, without GST.
Exclude: Landscaping, detached garage, garage (Sales Centre) finishing, and furnishings.
- Price Specification for Renovation Categories
Include: An estimate of the dollar value of any materials the home owner self-supplied (e.g. kitchen appliances).
- It is optional to include the basement development in single family, multi-family and Net Zero categories.
- If the submission includes the basement, the sale price must reflect the basement development and it must be submitted in the appropriate price category. You must also include the basement in the square footage, photos and floor plan.
- If the basement is not included in the submission, the sale price must reflect the price less the basement development and it must be submitted in the appropriate price category. You cannot include the basement in comments, square footage, photos or floor plan.
Photographs have an impact on how judges see your entry and influence your final score. Photos should be of professional quality.
- Submit colour images that are 3000px wide and 300ppi for the perfect combination of fast upload times and file sizes large enough to view on the website, at the award ceremony and in printed material.
- The size upload limit is 5MB. Larger files cannot be uploaded.
- Photos are automatically renamed once uploaded.
- Image orientation can be horizontal or vertical.
- No major alterations to the photos (interior or exterior) are permitted. Colour correction is acceptable. Exceptions: Sales Centres may be covered up with a standard garage door only. Dirt can be covered with grass (no landscaping).
- Do not submit images that have borders, frames, logos, or watermarks.
- Detached garages are not to be included in any photos.
- Renderings are not permitted.
Renovators: When taking “before” and “after” pictures of a renovation, shoot from the same location or angle—this helps the judges understand the “transformation.”
Floor Plans and Site Plans
- Floor plans and site plans must be uploaded in a PDF format no larger than 5 MB.
- Upload simple plans - the same kind you would provide to clients on your website.
- Do not include elevations or renderings.
- All logos should be removed from documents.
- If your plans are on more than one page, combine them into a single PDF document and upload all together.
Homeowner Permission Form
The Homeowner Permission Form must be completed and signed by the homeowner for all owner occupied homes entered in the competition. Showhomes or homes in the builders' possession are not required to complete the form.