These awards recognize excellence the architectural qualities of a new home including overall exterior and interior design, use of building forms and materials, creative use of space, functionality of floor plan and overall appeal to a target market.
- Multi-family Apartment Unit Under $500,000
- Multi-family Duplex Under $350,000
- Multi-family Duplex $350,000 - $500,000
- Multi-family Townhome Under $350,000
- Multi-family Townhome $350,000 - $500,000
- Multi-family Unit Over $500,000
All units built as a part of a multi-family project must be entered in Multi-family categories. This includes duplexes, townhomes, and apartment-style condominiums which all share at least one common wall. Definition for each product is as follows:
- DUPLEX - semi-detached homes (two units attached)
- TOWNHOME – three or more attached homes
- APARTMENT – four or more attached homes with common entrance
- INFILL – A brand new home built in an existing older neighbourhood where the previous home has been demolished and removed.
If they do not share a common wall they must be entered into the appropriate Single Family category. Secondary suites are not eligible for individual submission.
Multi-family categories are eligible for the Multi-family Pinnacle Award.