Showhome viewings can be held by appointment-only and are limited to people from the same household unit or two people from a cohort. Where possible, limit to two family-unit members at a time.
This is not a BILD Alberta mandate. This is the directive Alberta Health Services and Municipal Affairs provided BILD Alberta on November 26th. We have not received any information indicating further restrictions at this time but continue to seek further clarity.
General recommendations for showhome operations include:
- Implement a COVID screening / questionnaire for staff and any customers.
- Staff and customers to wear masks and maintain 2 metres of physical distance at all times.
- Showhomes can be staffed but it is recommended showhome door remained locked at all times.
- Post a sign on showhome door to inform interested homebuyers that they must call to schedule an appointment and that walk-ins are not permitted at this time.
- Limit appointments to two family-unit members at a time.
- Update showhome information on website to inform viewings are by appointment only.
- Ask anyone entering to sanitize their hands.
- Space appointment times between clients to ensure service areas and equipment can be properly cleaned and disinfected, as necessary.
- Remove non-essential high-touch items like brochures.
- Increase daily cleaning and disinfection of common areas.