Our understanding is that the restrictions remain as previously outlined. The guidance provided by the Government of Alberta to-date is that showhomes are treated the same as a realtor hosting an open house. We continue to monitor this item closely and will advise members should this change. The latest information we have been provided on restrictions include:
- All showings must be appointment only.
- Showings are limited to two family-unit members at a time. If a child must join out of necessity, they may attend in addition to the two family-unit members and precautions must be taken for social distancing, masks, and sanitizing.
- Masks and physical distancing are mandatory for all showings. Anyone with a medical mask exemption must receive advance clearance from sellers, who can decide whether they will still permit the appointment.
General Recommendations for Members:
- Implement a COVID screening / questionnaire for staff and any customers.
- Staff and customers to wear masks and maintain 2 metres of physical distance at all times.
- Showhomes can be staffed but it is recommended showhome door remained locked at all times.
- Post a sign on showhome door to inform interested homebuyers that they must call to schedule an appointment and that walk-ins are not permitted at this time.
- Limit appointments to two family-unit members at a time.
- Update showhome information on website to inform viewings are by appointment only.
- Ask anyone entering to sanitize their hands.
- Space appointment times between clients to ensure service areas and equipment can be properly cleaned and disinfected, as necessary.
- Remove non-essential high-touch items like brochures.
- Increase daily cleaning and disinfection of common areas.